SPRING CLEAN YOUR MAIL BOX
Over 120 billion business emails will be sent this year –
Spam, phishing, malware and ransomware are just some
of the hazards these emails could carry.
As long as businesses keep sending and receiving emails, the bad guys will keep using them to try and attack the communication line of businesses.
It is imperative to have a multi-layered email security policy in place – whether you use on-premise or cloud-based email solutions, the same security precautions apply:
- Anti-virus and spam protection is a must – up to 90% of emails sent are spam
- Also look for solutions that defend against malware, ransomware and targeted email attacks such as spear phishing and spoofing attacks
- Consider greylisting (prevents unknown apps launching) as well as white and blacklisting
- Use email encryption when sending confidential emails to protect data and automatically enforce GDPR compliance requirements.
- Educate employees on tactics attackers use to help them identify threats – do not open an email from unfamiliar senders. When in doubt, delete without opening it. Verify first before opening any attachments.
DO NOT COMPROMISE
As part of GDPR, we do know about the best email-security solutions!
- We provide solutions with technology based on artificial intelligence that stops email scammers impersonating executives protecting you from business email compromise attacks.
- Solutions use Time-of-click URL blocking: malicious links are analysed and blocked before threats, like ransomware, can execute or reach the user.
- Our email solutions are part of a wider layered security approach that shares security intelligence with other layer and application security products. (We only provide solutions that work together across all layers).
- Our email encryption solution is purpose-built to help small and medium enterprises reduce the potential negative impacts of data loss by automatically encrypting email. The need to secure communications that contain sensitive data has never been greater. Fines, negative publicity and loss of customer trust await companies, both large and small, who lose confidential or customer information.
Ask us about a quick and simple Security Health Check to keep you safe from cyber attacks